Preparing goods for storage
Blankets, Draperies and Clothing-have blankets, draperies and out-of-season clothing cleaned, then pack them right on the hanger in a wardrobe box. Vacuum cloth bags are great for keeping moisture, bugs and dust out of your cloths.
Books-pack them flat, not standing on end (which may cause damage to the spines). Books are extremely heavy, so don’t pack too many in one box or mix them with fragile items.
Lawn Mowers-drain gasoline and oil from all small engines.
Mirrors and Pictures-large works should be stored in specially designed boxes. Smaller pictures can be wrapped in bubble wrap or packing paper and stored in boxes with clothing or linens.
Leather (couches,clothes)-treat with a leather conditioner and protect them with plastic covers. Keep the couch off the floor using pallets. (thanks to The Leatherworks Inc. of Stockton for the tip)
Mattresses-protect them and your furniture with specially designed plastic covers.
Furniture and Tables-remove legs and disassemble to conserve storage space. Wrap with furniture pads to protect from soil and scratches. Wrap the legs together with packing paper and, if possible, tape them to the protective wrap placed around the corresponding item.
Photos-old photographs tend to curl over time. To keep them flat, place them between two pieces of cardboard and tape them together. Do not store irreplaceable photos. Negatives take up little space. Consider keeping them with you.
How to organize your storage unit
It is real important that you do put your belongings into the storage unit in the rain. It will be hard for the belongings to dry out and they might spawn mold.
Leave a few inches of space between your items and the wall for better ventilation.
We have pallets available most of the time for customers to use in their unit for ventilation underneath their goods.
Gather the things you are least likely to need during the time you are storing your belongings. Place these things in the room first.
Store heaviest items on the bottom and lighter items on the top. Place cartons so that you can read the label which lists their contents.
Place the things you are most likely to need closest to the door for easy access.
Securely latch and lock the door to your storage room when leaving!!!
A fun Top 10 Reasons you need storage:
1. You don’t remember the color of your garage floor.
2. Your extra bedroom has more stacks of boxes than the local warehouse club.
3. The last time that your car was “covered” – it was by an insurance company.
4. Mom is moving and she’s not bringing your stuff with her.
5. You’re starting a business and you’ve been told that home is not a giant filing cabinet.
6. The kids were playing hide and seek in the family room and Johnny’s still missing.
7. After watching Hoarders, you thought "what's the big deal?"
8. You would actually like to show friends your ‘spare bedroom’.
9. Your adult child is moving back in to ‘help’ you and bringing their belongings with them.
10. You have cats but haven’t seen them for a while. Something is eating their food though.
Monte Diablo and I-5
Murray Dr by Hammer Lane
No Appointments Necessary
9:00am to 5:00pm 7 days a week (except major holidays)